Increased level of uric acid in the blood as well as urine it will leads to gout. Human body is mostly made up of eighty-five percentage of uric acid. You will require having medication for the sake of reducing the sum of uric acid from the body or assist the human body to remove additional uric acid. Purine contain diet will increase the levels of uric acid. If you follow all the dietary guidelines you can decrease the purines in the diet that will reduce nearly fifteen percent of the uric acid from the blood that arrives from the beverages and foods.
If you have severe attack from the gout you should take the following diet:
1. Nearly three liters of fluids must be taken on daily basis.
2. Consuming of alcohol should be less or else you should not drink alcohol at all. In case if you are selecting to drink, you should not drink above one drink only three times in a week. If you are not sure regarding the usage of alcohol, it is better to consult a doctor.
3. You should avoid taking high purines in protein foods such as scallops, herring, mackerel, sardines, anchovies, partridge, goose, brains, heart, kidney and liver. Fatty foods and oils should be avoided. You should also avoid meat extracts and scallops. Yeast should be consumed as a supplement.
4. You should eat only low purine foods. Low purine foods such as cereals, breads, noodles, and rice. All fruits can be taken including juices form. Protein foods such as butter, peanut, nuts and boiled eggs especially white yak can be used. You can drink plenty of milk. You have to use fatty foods and oils moderately. You can consume soups such as vegetable stocks and vegetable soups. Other foods like sugar syrup, cereal beverages, chocolate, white sauce, custard, olives, pudding, vinegar and popcorn.
5. You should eat moderate quantum of proteins. Sources of proteins are tofu (tofu comes from soya beans), low fat products of milk, little amount of eggs, butter and peanut, less quantity of poultry foods, fish and meat.
6. You should intake more carbohydrate foods such as rice, cereals, bread, fruit and vegetables.
7. Less amount of fat in your meal by selecting skinless poultry, fish, lean meat, milk products contain low amount of fat. You should avoid eating fried foods as well as desserts that contain more fat and take fewer amounts of fatty foods such as oils, margarine, butter, and salads.
Few people have founded that strawberries and cherry juice are useful to reduce the uric acid level in our body. Few chemicals containing in the dark berries will also helpful to reduce the swelling or inflammation as well as reduce the uric acid level in our body. To reduce the inflammation or swelling you should use olive oil, nuts, and flax seed.
You should maintain balanced diet such as high carbohydrate, low protein, and low fat for those who are suffering from gout related problems.
Purine Content of Foods Chat is given below: